Okay, so, confession time: I really wanted to have an entirely new list of movies for you all this month – but frankly, none of the ones I’ve watched recently have been worthy of recommendation. Sad face. I tried though, I really did! But seriously, you know the movie you’ve just watched is bad when you describe the cast and the plot to someone and they don’t recall ever having watched it – and then you tell them about how weirded out you felt after it was over, and they remember that they HAVE seen it after all.
So, as it turns out, I may just love these old stand-bys even more this year, than I always have! And may have already watched a couple of them, even though November has only just started…I did stretch my boundaries a little bit however, and added 4 movies and a television show onto last years list, and even gave it some new formatting.
Don’t worry though, I’ve got a long list of movies that I plan on watching throughout the rest of the month, so next year I promise to have a new list of Thanksgiving favorites to share!
As usual, a lot of the movies that I’m drawn to this time of year are related to Fall or Thanksgiving, but an equal number just give me that cozy Fall feeling – so don’t be surprised if you find a couple that don’t exactly “scream” Thanksgiving, to you. With that being said, here are 24 of my favorite Thanksgiving/Fall themed movies (and a TV show) – I hope you find some that you and your friends and family can enjoy as well!
A side note for your convenience: Below you’ll find a list of 24 movies and a television show – some items are appropriate for children, and some are definitely not! Films with asterisks by their titles can be found on family-friendly channels such as The Disney Channel, ABC Family, The Hallmark Channel etc.
The movies marked with italics are the films that I have been especially looking forward to this year!
24 Movies (and a TV Show) for November
1. Remember The Titans*
3. Miracle on 34th Street*
4. City of Angels
5. A Family Thanksgiving*
6. Planes, Trains & Automobiles
8. How to Marry a Millionaire
10. Baby Boom
11. Simon Birch
12. A League of Their Own
13. Funny People
14. The Big Chill
16. Any John Grisham movie – The Pelican Brief, The Client, The Firm, A Time to Kill, The Chamber etc. (I love these because they’re long and great for a stormy day with a cup of hot cider/tea/chocolate/coffee/whatever!)
17. Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey*
18. A Charlie Brown Thanksgiving*
21. Wild America*
22. The Wizard of Oz*
23. Winnie The Pooh and The Blustery Day*
24. The Kid*
25. Reba* – TV Show – I’m not sure why I love this show so much, but I absolutely adore it! And for some reason the Thanksgiving episode is one of my favorites, and I have to watch it every year!
Are any of your favorite Thanksgiving/Fall movies on the list? If not, which ones did I leave out?
CLICK HERE to Stream, Rent, or Buy any of the movies on this list!