The other day I had the amazing honor of being nominated with the Blog of the Year 2012 Award by Wanton Creation. Honestly, this feels so special to me as I have only started blogging this year, so to receive an award from a peer (and one I think quite highly of at that!) – especially when you all have so many other amazing writers and bloggers out there to choose from – means more to me than I can express at the moment!
Now…on to The Rules!
1. Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
2. Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
3. Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!) – I’m afraid I have no idea where this award originated so I can’t link back to the page it’s asking me to.
4. Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
5. You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
6. As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
Yes – that’s right – there are stars to collect!
Unlike other awards which you can only add to your blog once – this award is different!
When you begin you will receive the ‘1 star’ award – and every time you are given the award by another blog – you can add another star!
There are a total of 6 stars to collect.
Which means that you can check out your favourite blogs – and even if they have already been given the award by someone else – you can still bestow it on them again and help them to reach the maximum 6 stars!
As you can see in the badge I posted above, I have one star! Yay!
Now for my Nominations:
I really like the fact that you can receive this award more than once because I am WOEFULLY behind on reading blogs right now, so I have no idea who on my list has already been nominated. Also, I know it says to write a little something about each blog, but I feel like this post is already long enough, so I think I’m going to let the nominations speak for themselves.
Each blog/blogger I’ve chosen has inspired me, made me think, made me laugh, and made me cry at some point over the course of this year. But most of all they have embodied the true spirit of friendship and community that makes blogging the positive and wonderful experience that it is.
I would also just like to add that there were so many more that I wanted to choose, but my list was getting kind of long so I decided to stop at 10. I might just do a second round up of some of my other favorite blogs from this year in a day or two, however!
Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my heart, to all of you who have been such faithful and lovely readers over the past few months. If it weren’t for the support and encouragement of you all, I’m sure I would have given this thing up long ago. The fact that you keep coming back for more – and even nominate me for awards! – when I’m busy being my harshest critic is truly heartwarming and inspiring. I love you all!!