Awards were not something I expected from the blogging world. To be honest, the first time I received one, I was a little confused. Does a nomination equal an automatic win? My insecurities didn’t diminish my excitement, however, and I immediately called my mom and did a happy dance! There’s nothing quite like being acknowledged by your peers.
Even still, I often wonder if what I write is enough. You all are such amazing writers, and sometimes I worry I don’t hold up! But then something happened. Mimi from Waiting For The Karma Truck, who I consider to be one of the most inspirational bloggers I follow, nominated me for the Inspiring Blog Award! I can’t quite express to you how amazing it feels, not only to be considered inspirational, but to be considered inspirational by someone who inspires me!
Thank you so much Mimi!!
I would also like to thank Zen Scribbles for nominating me for The Super Sweet Blogger Award! Since I already have it, I’m not going to do the whole thing twice – but I do want to say acknowledge the nomination! Thank you, Zen!!
1. Thank the blogger who gave you the award and link back to them. (Check!)
2. Copy and paste the award on to your blog. (Check!)
3. Share 7 things about yourself. (Read on!)
4. Nominate 7 other Inspiring Bloggers and let them know on their blog. (Read on!)
7 Things About Me:
1. I can’t keep houseplants alive to save my life. I’d really like to be able to though.
2. I love DIY projects.
3. In High School I was attacked by a hawk (used for rabbit hunting), who tried to take out my eye. He didn’t succeed, but I still have a small scar from it.
4. My favorite movie is Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
5. I hate odd numbers, but I consider the number 5 an honorary even number because it’s easy to count by.
6. Even though I love to decorate with colors, I have to force myself to buy clothes in colors other than black or white.
7. I LOVE plaid. With pearl snaps. Black and white plaid is the best thing that has ever existed.
Whew! That was tough! So many of you inspire me on a daily basis, it was hard to choose just seven. Keep on shining your light!