The other day I was honored to be nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Wanton Creation!
If you haven’t checked out his blog before, I would definitely encourage you to do so – he has some fantastic posts on music and some great book reviews – definitely one of my favorite recent discoveries!
Now, as far as the rules go, this award is a little different. Apparently the Liebster Blog Award is meant for people with under 200 followers. Personally, I think this is a fun idea, because it gives people a chance to highlight some of their favorite newer blogs. However, as Wanton Creation pointed out in his post, it’s kind of hard to tell which blogs you read fit that criteria! The rest of the rules are fairly straight forward: Answer the 11 questions asked by the award giver, pick 11 people for the award and pose 11 new questions.
So without further ado, onto my 11 questions!!
1. What’s your favourite word in the English language?
Hmm, I don’t know anymore! It used to be content, because it sounded like what it meant. Not HAPPY, but content :)
2. What are you listening to as you write the answer to this question (if not music, what sounds)?
Keyboard keys, a/c wall unit in the other room, a really irritating song from a commercial on TV.
3. What was the last thing you ate that you really, really enjoyed?
4. You’re at a job interview, and the interviewer asks you to make them laugh. What do you do or say?
Um, I’d probably freeze up under the pressure of having to be funny on demand, forget all the jokes I know, and do something really dorky and awkward that would make them laugh at me on accident.
5. The world is about to blow up, but you’re being saved, and are allowed to take five things to another planet (aside from the clothes you are currently wearing), where you and only 999 other people will now exist (ignore the bleakness of this question). What do you take?
A change of clothes (99% of the time I’m blogging in pajamas), my kitties! A book, my computer, and….a shovel?
6. What’s your favourite drink to consume first thing in the morning?
7. What was the last book to make you cry?
I cry at mostly everything, so I’ve been avoiding sad things lately. I think the last book I read that made me cry was This is How by Augusten Burroughs.
8. What’s the most ridiculous or silliest way you’ve been injured?
I was attacked by a hawk that a friend owned for hunting rabbits. He tried to take out my right eye with his talons. Luckily he didn’t succeed (just barely), and the scars have mostly faded, but at the time I looked pretty sorry with giant gashes and an eye all swollen shut.
9. What’s your favourite city in the world? Why?
I would have to say San Francisco, because I haven’t been that many places in the world yet, but it’s been my favorite so far! The weather is pretty similar to my hometown, but there’s so much to do and see. I love Ghiradelli Square, Fisherman’s Wharf, Pier 39, Chinatown, the Trolleys…
10. What’s the most embarrassing album in your music collection? (Be honest)
Probably something by 98 Degrees, Britney Spears or Jennifer Page that I got in middle school. But really, I’m not too embarrassed by any of my music!
11. To borrow an old line from a Crowded House song, would you rather a mansion in the slums or a caravan in the hills (i.e. a nice house in a not nice area, or a tiny living space but with views)?
A small living space with views. If you’re in the hills, you’d have room to expand, right?? :)
My nominees: This bit was actually harder than I thought it would be! I tried to pick from some of the more recent blogs I’ve followed, but apparently many of them already have more than 200 followers, and even more of them don’t say how many followers they have at all! So, if you have more than 200 followers already, please don’t be offended that I chose you :P
1. If you could be any household appliance, what would you be?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. When was the last time you embarrassed yourself in public? What did you do?
4. If you could only listen to the music of one singer/songwriter/band/group/whatever, for the rest of your life, who would it be?
5. What is your favorite book?
6. What is the best compliment you’ve ever received?
7. What is your favorite day of the week?
8. What is one word you can never remember how to spell?
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
10. When is the last time you did a cartwheel?
11. Where’s Waldo?